1. $8,000 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL | CITY OF DALLAS-DALLAS COUNTY
a. The owner purchased the property; subsequently the appraisal district increased the assessment by $1 million, a value equal to 97% of the purchase price. Using an Equal & Uniform appeal, we obtained a reduction of $375,000, saving the owner $8,000 in taxes.
2. $7,000 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL | CITY OF DALLAS-DALLAS COUNTY
a. We gathered land sales in a neighborhood in which many of our clients resided. The lots are 1 acre+ estate lots. After presenting our information to the Appraisal Review Board, the panel members ruled in our favor, saving several of our clients over $7,000 each in taxes.
3. $3,250 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL | CITY OF COLLEYVILLE-TARRANT COUNTY
a. The owner purchased the property for well above the tax assessment. The appraisal district increased the value by 18%, while increasing neighboring properties only 5%. Using an Equal & Uniform appeal, we obtained a reduction of $126,000, saving the client roughly $3,250 in taxes.
4. $22,000 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL | CITY OF CEDAR HILL-DALLAS COUNTY
a. This was a newly constructed custom house which had several construction defects and was a super adequacy for the location. We achieved some reduction informally and pursued arbitration for additional relief. We presented testimony from an appraiser, general contractor, and an electrician. The Arbitrator ruled in our favor, saving our client thousands.
5. $4,400 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL | TOWN OF HIGHLAND PARK-DALLAS COUNTY
a. After presenting market information and discussing the condition of the property with a district representative, we were able to obtain a reduction informally for our client.
6. $2,500 SAVINGS | SINGLE FAMILY RESIDNETAIL | CITY OF SOUTHLAKE-TARRANT COUNTY
a. We presented our case in front of the Appraisal Review Board for a reduction based on market value. The panel members ruled in our favor, saving our client $2,500 in taxes.
Every dot on the map below is a residential property we have successfully obtained a reduction for in the past. In 2014, for the cases we worked, our clients saved on average over $1,000 in taxes.